Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Covering Four, Cooking For One

Starting from yesterday, over the next few more days, our family of five are spread in four Continents. All these kids are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to experience the life, temporarily, in different countries. I.e. to study (Ha!). One in UK, with a Summer program that is about to kick in next week Another one is in Kalahari, South Africa, experiencing the privilege to teach children there. The first born, is cramping up two years of German into an 8-week Summer session. I hope they all come back happier and richer in experience and have more appreciation towards the good and wonderful life back home.



I have been surprisingly productive, getting a lot of my paper work done and my Summer cleaning on the way. It was wrong of me to think that it was going to be miserable to be all alone with everyone being thousands miles away. The challenge is mostly on the meal that I have. I am left with some foods that are not necessarily my first or second pick or my pick at all, but as they need to be consumed, I need to eat them up so that they don't go wasted.

My lunch fulfilled the mission of clearing up the kway tiauw and fish cakes in the fridge. I stir-fried the noodles with chicken and some vegetables as well. That's just sufficient. I won't be preparing anything for dinner, I think. I am tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment