Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Talking About Basil....

Okay. We have arrived at the last month of the year, soon 2010 will be over and we will be starting a new year again. It's a bit intimidating to me to see the time rapidly passes by. I am going to do the best I can to treasure every single day coming my way. I know it would not be easy, but it's worth trying.



We have enjoyed basil all year long. Our small investment of, if I'm not mistaken, S$7.50 has multiplied by -only God knows- too many times. Has this been a stock that I invested in, I would have been super filthy rich. But I'm talking basil here, so yes, we have saved some bucks from not buying the basil leaves from supermarket anymore. Let me mention also that it gives the convenience of walking a few steps to the garden and just pluck or cut some stems. We have used plenty of the leaves for our pesto, pizza, pasta and countless dishes. We have successfully propagated the plants. The downside is that I am feeding plenty of bugs in the garden too, those that I have not been able to get rid of.



We also have multiplied our Thai basil, which until today, ironically, have not been used in our cooking yet. It is about time to commence using some. I have yet to find recipes using them - in due time, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment