Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sava's, Ann Arbor

About two to three weeks before our arrival in Ann Arbor, Miss L was invited to have dinner in this restaurant. Its location is in downtown Ann Arbor, right around the campus, right across from Totoro, in fact, How handy! She was thrilled to have us try the food there as well.



I love Calamari and tend to order one when I see them on the menu, especially when I have many companies. This particular one, however, was not the kind that I like, particularly the gravy that was already served on top of the fried Calamari when they came at our table.


I have to give credit to DH for choosing Pan Seared Sea Scallops,it was the best dish of the night. The dish was served over Mushroom Risotto and Spinach.


I indulged myself and my companies with this Steak and Potato Salad. After digging the salad that was served on the bowl, for a little bit, I realized that I could not find any potatoes inside. Apparently, they were forgotten. After asking, the waiter brought  them in a small plate. They were cubed and fried. Nothing impressive, but it's interesting to have potatoes instead of croutons.


Miss L was looking for Arancini that she had before, but they did not have them on the menu anymore. She ordered Pan Seared Salmon instead. The salmon was served on couscous and topped with corn salsa. The salmon was eaten, but most of the couscous was left untouched.


Miss K, who always missed her pasta, had Mac & Cheese. It was simple, straight forward and the plate was cleaned up really well. I guess, it must have been quite good.


Finally, we shared this rainbow cookies. There were three layers of Sponge Cakes inside, coated with chocolate at the top and bottom. They were served with whipped cream and milk, if my memory serves me right.


No comments:

Post a Comment