Saturday, January 07, 2017

2017

Here we are in 2017. It happened so fast, I was still trying to get to know 2016 and it's all over.  Within a short time this year, I have experienced a new high and a new low. I have been over the moon, but have been punched and kicked (not literally) too. I have been humbled and I have been forced to learn. Within seven days, I have been reminded to live my life with more appreciation. My patience was tested and my good intention was completely ignored. But these are not new, these are parts and pieces of life. Unexpected things happen and you are expected to remain standing no matter how wobbly your knees are and how much pain you are experiencing.

Life can be cruel sometimes, that happens too and we all know that. It's delusional to think that good things will continuously happen to good people, that having positive attitude will make you immune of being attacked by people that are having bad days or people that are not happy with themselves. Everyone is a moving target. It's delusional to think that putting a smile and brave face will make things better.

The truth is that is not always the case. Yes, you do not want to be a victim, yet you could be a victim. Time is the key to healing, although you may not completely heal. You just have to keep on trying to heal yourself  and that may not be an easy job. Hang in there and try again. And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment