Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Attempt On Ciabatta Making




I has come across my mind many times to try making ciabatta, another favorite Italian bread in the family. We mostly buy a delicious one or two from a bakery right across the street almost on daily basis. But, finally, the day has come!!!!!

I started the sponge yesterday, confidently planned to make it this morning upon sending off the kids to school. The recipe indicates that I need to use a mixer fitted with the dough hook and it only hit me this morning that I had no idea where my dough hook was. I bought my new Kenwood early in December before we went to New Zealand. During these five to six weeks, this dough hook has been securely placed somewhere. Somewhere safe indeed!! After searching the whole kitchen all morning without any results, I decided that the show must go on, with or without the dough hook.

Let my mighty hand be the replacement of the mixer. The result? Just look at them yourselves! Not too shabby.........

No comments:

Post a Comment