Thursday, April 08, 2010

Anything Else But...



Nearly all the food that we saw in Sapporo was tempting, the food that we ate were great. The ramen was fantastic, the tempura was delicious, the gyoza was superb and the cakes, the bread and everything else were amazing and so well done. But after a few days of those, I could not hep feeling a bit tired of all the goodness that the Japanese food brought.



By the time we arrived in Tokyo, I felt like eating something else. Anything, but Japanese dish. So did my little partner. We walked along the small streets nearby our hotel in Akasaka area and saw a couple of Italian restaurants. While DH was still trying to get in his Japanese meal, we all finally decided to go for Italian.



Thank God, they had English menu! We had salad to share and three individual dishes. The salad had some mozzarella, the dressing was pretty mild and for us, it was a nice change. We really wanted our vegetables.



The Quattro Pizza came next, with three little plates. DH had all the intention to share it and we tried some while waiting for our dishes to come.



After we finished the pizza, we waited a while before I asked the waitress to bring both the dishes that we were having at the same time. I knew that she understood what I meant, given her limited English. She told the cooks, I saw. I started to be anxious as I saw the next table of ours had their pasta arrived one by one by one. Each plate was for sharing. I started to think, maybe this was the way it is in Japan.... Then came Gnocchi, alone. That's K's order.



As I waited long enough, looking at my daughter finishing her food, I had to ask. I did. Of course, I was told it's coming. My risotto with porcini mushroom, came much later.... It was really good though. I saw a big table with a family and some adults, eight people altogether and told my buddies, they will finish their dinner at midnight!

2 comments:

  1. Priscilla2:38 AM

    OMGGGG YOU AND KARIN'S DISHES LOOK SO SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were goooodddd....... The pizza too.

    ReplyDelete