Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Four O'Clock

DH got 10 seeds of Mirabilis Jalapa (Four O'Clock) from his caddy sometime ago early in January. I can't possibly imagine how playing golf and carrying the gold clubs ended up with 10 seeds of a plant. That does not matter anyway.



The seeds are large, so it was not hard to plant. I used to have this in the house where I grew up and just took it for granted that they were there. By looking at the seeds, I knew what they are. So there I was, planting them because DH wanted them to be planted. I was not hopeful that they would grow. I was wrong. Seven of them grew and they grew really well. They produce lovely flowers daily and they are so easy to look after. So far I only have the pink ones, but I hope to get the white and yellow ones too. Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment