Monday, April 26, 2010

Happiness Is...

It was a rough week last week and I am glad to start another new week. A sick kid, a back pain, mildew, worms and snails in the garden... I had about enough of physical work. I probably will have some sort of the same old things this week, but it is another week of living. Here's a yellow Zinnia in our garden, taken a few days ago one sunny afternoon. Looking stellar, bright and gives hope.



I saw an episode of Mr. Monk last night, the one that he went camping with Randy and some kids. Mr. Monk asked Randy of the secret of his happiness. He said he saw a bumper sticker that said "Happiness is a choice.."and that was kind of an "aha" moment for him. I remember reading Andrew Matthews book on Happiness too. I remember what he wrote there, basically, if you want to be happy, just be happy. Don't wait until have three million dollars or your kids are all finish school and go to college. Or after your kids start working and get married and so forth... that will go on and on and on... Be happy now. I understand that. But yet, it is hard to put it in practice.

I was not happy last night and I try to put the meaning of Happiness is a choice into my head. I said to myself, "I want to be happy, I choose to be happy. So I am happy!", but I still was not happy. I tried to think of things that make me happy... like the plants.... nah... my enemies are destroying what I build in the garden and I could not be happy thinking of my poor plants. I think of the food that I could make. Nothing, zip, no positive effect, no smile. I tried a few other things like ..... my children, my family, my good health, my home. Nothing. It is always easier to say than to do, I know that.

But. Just. Be. Happy. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment