Monday, December 31, 2012

Flying Home...

Holiday came to an end and it's time to say "So Long!" to Melbourne! We packed our belongings and flew home last night. The face of Melbourne changed quite a bit over the past years and I am sorry to have to say that I like the city more in the past than the present. The changes in the demography of the city have changed the friendliness and the beauty of the place. The strength of the currency makes everything more expensive and less interesting. Having said that, I still had my getaway from home and it is always great to have an occasional break from our routines, from time to time. More importantly,  the five of us were together as a family and experienced all the goods, the bads, the frights, the fights, the laughs and so much more. We are also proud to have prevented ourselves from being cheated by an Indian money changer who tried to take away A$300 from us, in the form of 12.5% commission fee that he created by himself for himself. What a jerk! The last jerk we saw in 2012. 

Goodbye 2012, we are waiting for the arrival of new year in less than three hours.....


I try to make myself comfortable in the plane during a rather long flight, this one included. I put on the slippers from the hotel and sipped up some Solitaire Dreams served by a nice Flight Attendant of Singapore Airlines.


No comments:

Post a Comment