Friday, October 29, 2010

Alternative



I'm not done yet with my Shanghai stories. DH and our two kids got so hooked on Din Tai Fung in Xintianti. The place tends to be really full and there are people lining up fto get the table during meal times. We did not make any reservations and had to wait for a bit when we went there for the first time. The second time too, when everyone else but me, went there for dinner.



Again, we tried for the third time on Saturday. Of course, being the weekend, there were tons of people waiting outside as well. A Japanese restaurant that we originally wanted to go to was fully book for lunch and dinner that day too. We decided to go to Crystal Jade in the corner of the building. We still had to wait, but we got a table in around 10 minutes.



We had our cravings for noodles and dim sum satisfied there. In addition, we tried a couple other dishes too. We had no complains about the food, they were alright.



Here's the building where some of the restaurants I mentioned here are located. It is called Xintiandi South Block Plaza. On the way there, I spotted a girl that looked like a movie star and decided to become a nosy paparazza. I have no idea who she was, I just thought she looked great. More interestingly, check out the guy on the background on the right hand side. What a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment