Monday, October 18, 2010

Ha-ha-ha!

It's tough to be back home after going away. Unpacking is one thing, washing tons of laundry is another. There's house to clean and other things to follow up and they are not just it. I had been worrying about the plants too. I checked the weather forecast prior to leaving and was quite comfortable by the fact that there's a chance of thunderstorm on every single day I was away. When I arrived home at around 11PM, I noticed that some plants were totally dehydrated. Noticeably, my ginger plants were in sad conditions. Most others appeared to have survived well in the warm weather without extra water from me. They rain did not come as generously as I hoped for. I believed at some points, there were some light rains, but not enough ..... I started watering my poor plants at nearly midnight last night. People do nearly anything for love surely! Imagine what I would do for my own daughters (read this, kiddos!)



It was a very hot day today, it's punishing that we came from a place that was 10-15 degrees colder. In the afternoon, when the sun started to spare the city a bit, I dug out the soil and pulled out some sweet potatoes. There were some and I was pleased indeed. A nice afternoon gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment