Sunday, March 20, 2011

Peck's Ciabatta

We love Ciabatta, especially the airy ones. We normally get them from a bakery across the street from our previous residence, but I keep my eyes open when I go out and see one. I found Peck in the basement of Takashimaya department store here, just like the one in Tokyo, that I have visited too. They have great looking Ciabatta and some other savory and sweet breads. I got a couple of bread from there a long while back and just the other day, decided to get some when I passed by.



They all are good, except for the attitude of the cashier, that seems to be lacking of mannerism. I found that to be a rather typical behavior of many of the Takashimaya employees here, of course there are some exceptions. This one, like a lot of others,that I have encountered, did not seem to bother with the customers and my "thank you" to her, went with the wind. No response. Nada. I encountered this ugly behavior from many people working in the service industry here, but after all these years, I never get used to it. It's still annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment