Friday, December 16, 2011

Pain d'epice

Everything around me is so Christmas-ey these days and I feel so way, way behind everyone else. I'm not even sure if I plan to decorate the house at all. Yes, that bad. I feel so tired and so beat and I just do not feel like doing anything other than things that I need to do. I have baked some Christmas cookies for school last week. I also have sent some Christmas cards to selected number of people in Australia, California and Oregon.That's about all.


I found an interesting recipe for Spice cake last night, it's a French cake called Pain d'epices.  Originally they are  baked in loaves, but I love mine in smaller bundt molds like the recipe that I saw. Noticeably different than other cakes that I normally make, this one uses a combination of honey and brown sugar to sweetened it. The smell.... it's the spice smell... it's beginning to smell like Christmas........ Hohoho...

No comments:

Post a Comment