Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gado-Gado Boplo


When I lived in Jakarta, I liked getting Gado-gado (Indonesia salad with peanut sauce) from this place called Gado-Gado Boplo.  The restaurant seems to have been quite successful, opening many branches in Jakarta and the greater Jakarta area. On my recent trip to Indonesia, we were driving towards Bumi Serpong Damai area when I saw a giant signboard of the restaurant on the way. My sister and I decided to turn around and have a second lunch there. Our first mini lunch was in the train to Jakarta from Cirebon, about two hours earlier.


The restaurant looked clean and they have a nice menu with pictures. We ordered a plate of gado gado without lontong (rice cakes) and another plate of plain Nasi Rames (no egg, no chicken). They both were tasty and delicious and really satisfied our cravings (for Indonesian food).

 
We also had Iced coconut. My favorite! Love, love, love to go back there!


No comments:

Post a Comment