There were just two of us at home so I halved the recipe that I used. I made six of them, smaller ones. This batch was successful, every single popover rose really well with a beautiful hollow in the center. They were light, airy and delicious.
Ingredients (Makes 12 popovers)
- 1 Tsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Put the popover pan inside the oven to heat up.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Pour over flour mixture and continue whisking until just blended.
- Remove the popover pan from the oven and brush with some butter
- Fill the popover cups two-thirds to three-quarters full. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top
- Transfer tin to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake until well browned and crusty, about 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door while baking.
- Remove popovers from the oven, and unmold onto a rack. Puncture the sides with a sharp knife to let steam escape, and serve immediately.