Saturday, April 19, 2008

Corn Bread, The Recipe

With DH being away most of the time and three kids with loads and loads of needs and wants, I tend to have a long to-do list. I, therefore, am doing the best I can, not to procrastinate. I doesn't always work my way though, because at times, I drag my feet on and on and the list gets longer. Several things have been on the list for a couple of years. In fact, I have some unfinished cross stitch projects that I started before my first one was born, more than 17 years ago, one of which was intended for her. Also, a patch work that I initiated around 6-7 years ago and still remains a WIP (Work In Progress). I really don't know if I will ever go back and finish them up.....Maybe someday.

I am happy to say that one was crossed out today, we got a new orthodontist for the kids!



So here we go, the corn bread recipe:

Ingredients:
¾ c cornmeal
1 ¼ c milk
1 c flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 c sugar, and 1Tsp if you like it sweeter like I do
2 medium size eggs (beaten) or 1 large egg
¼ c melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Grease an 8 inch square pan.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and butter until smooth for about 3-5 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Glad you can find the time to blog, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Kitt! Hope you will be making them soon and enjoy them as much as I did. It was very easy to make. I enjoy blogging and getting away from my list for a while, so I love to make the time for it...

    ReplyDelete