Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stock Clearing



Along with sightseeing, I tend to do some grocery shopping whenever I visit any countries, provided that they have reasonably good quality and good pricing. Sometimes I get some stuff just to taste them and if we like them, we get some more and bring them home. Often times, however, when we get home, we no longer have the appetite for the products and end up tossing them upon the expiration date.



Back in the storage, I still have some bags of chocolate chips that we got last December in New Zealand and I have not make much use of them.

I came across the recipe of this Rocky Road Crunch Bar when I was sorting out our DVD player, I saw it on the recordings that I was trying to clean up. I had nearly everything needed and with a little substitution here and there, I was ready to go. It's brilliant that with this recipe I could make use of the biscuit that I have had for a while and the chocolate chips that I bought in New Zealand. A little spring cleaning on the way..... and some yummy treats for everyone.



It was very easy and quick to make and I mixed in some Hershey's chocolate chips as well, just to make sure that there is familiarity with the chocolate taste in there. They are not bad at all, but next time, I would reduce the amount of the biscuit by some 10-20% or so to make it more chocolaty! Too bad, my kids are not fond of nuts, otherwise, almonds or walnuts would make enrich the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment