Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grey & Wet Weekend

The sky was dark by around 11 o'clock in the morning and I tagged along with DH and No.2 & 3, trying to get a ride and run some errands.


And rain started to pour while we were still on the way there and it got heavier as we parked our car.


DH and the kids crossed the street in the middle of pouring rain, because they had appointment with the dentist. I was supposed to cross the street and take subway to my destination but I thought it was a bit silly to get wet and then go shopping. So I thought I should just wait a bit. The rain was way too heavy. I waited and waited. And waited. 20 minutes later, the rain started to calm down but thunders and lightnings began to take over. Roaring, again and again. What's the matter with the weather?? I continued waiting.

From afar, I saw DH were walking back with the kids. Back to the car, back home! What a waste of my time!

Moral of the story: what a miserable day!

2 comments:

  1. I never leave home without a book for just this reason. You never know when you might get some quality reading time in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, that's a great idea. I always carry umbrella though, but the rain was too nasty that day.

    ReplyDelete