Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thanks For The Present



One of the birthday presents that I received from my second daughter was a WMF Yolk Separator. It was very thoughtful of her to get me that, I couldn't even think of what I needed or wanted myself. It's a smart gift. Of course, if they ask me what I wanted, I would tell them I wanted world peace along with "having them keeping their room tidy", "washing their dishes without having to be reminded 5 times", "pushing the chair back after finish using it" and I could stop right there first. Also, I could use "Keep the house tidy at all times!".

I don't normally use a gadget to help me separate the yolks from the whites. I do have a plastic yolk separator somewhere in the kitchen, I can't be sure where it is because I never really had the need to use one. It is well kept indeed.



Anticipating the arrival of No.3, i.e. having a good strong team around the house to consume the cake, I decided to make use of the present by making the family favorite, marble cake. The version that everyone loves is the one that requires the egg whites to be beaten separately and mixed to the dough prior to putting it in the oven. The cake is gone now, but we still have the pictures. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Looks like it was a yummy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kitt! It was not too bad.

    ReplyDelete