Saturday, February 06, 2010

Finding The Recipe...

My heart is broken with news of the passing of my youngest daughter's friend's father. My guess-timate, he was around my age. It was so unexpected and there was no warning. This man's and his wife's children are still young and life changed in juts one split second. It's so so so sad....Life is so truly unfair to some. Just think of those Haitians if you can't think of one situation like that.

I began to wonder if the kids can continue their study in the same school since it is very likely that the father was an expatriate. Are they moving to another country? I also wonder about their plan to move in to their brand new house. Is is going to happen? I don't know. the answers. But I know how it feels like losing a father because that happened to me when I was seven years old. I know about moving to a new house and the plans, the plans and the plans of tons of things for the new house as it happened so recently to us. I, by no means, underestimate the ability of the family to cope with the situation, but I could not help myself being beaten. My prayer for them.



My sweet and sour pork has nothing to do with whatever I am feeling at present. It was my attempt to duplicate this delicious sweet and sour pork ribs from a nearby restaurant that we like so much. I used thinly sliced pork instead of ribs for easier eating, but the sauce still has not come close to the one they have. I will try again another time. This one is not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment