Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Italian On Valentine's

It was not meant as a celebration of Valentine's day, but we needed lunch anyway. Given that I was the one picking the restaurant, I selected one that we had never been in and has a little "thing" about it. So here we go, I picked Al Dente Trattoria at Esplanade. The "thing" that made me picked it, is the view, which is Marina Bay.



The review that I read in the net was not on the positive side, but we went anyway. The restaurant was not that big, but it might have another floor as well, I saw the staircase. They had set lunch to choose from priced at a bargain of $19.90, consisting of salad, main course and generous amount of dessert. DH went for ala Carte, he picked Sea Bass on potato and asparagus bed.



I went for their set lunch. I had Rock Melon salad with Endives and prosciutto as the starter and Seafood Risotto with salad for the main course. I love both of them. The dessert was Panna Cotta with Berries Compote, which came in gigantic size. It's not bad too and it's worth my $19.90 before tax and service. Our complaint was the slowness of the service. It really took forever for them to serve every course. However, they acknowledged the hiccups and they apologized. The staff was really nice as well, which I rarely find here.


No comments:

Post a Comment