Monday, September 10, 2012

Lunch At Paul


I still have no clue on what came to DH's mind that he wanted to eat in some cafe-style for lunch, it's really not his thing. I had three places in mind. They were Paris Baguette in Wisma Atria, Mayson Kayser in Scotts Square and Paul at Ngee Ann City. All of which tend to be crowded at meal times, especially on weekends and it was Saturday when we went out. After parking the car at Ngee Ann City, naturally the first place we passed was Paul. We saw a short line and quickly abandoned the options to look at others. 

Paul has been in Singapore for about a year and every time we passed by, there's always a long line for the table.  I saw a few things on the menu that I would like to try and all of them were very reasonably priced, IMO. We always wondered why this place has a long queue and we had the opportunity to try.

 
I had spinach quiche with salmon flakes (1st picture above) and DH chose Cod with some vegetables.  The food that we had was just reasonably good, not super, but I will be okay about coming back as long I do not have to wait long for the table.


The meals we had were rather small and I had space for dessert and coffee (this is so rare!). We ordered one piece of Chocolate dessert, Millefeufille Chocolat. It's bigger than I expected, but we were sharing anyway. Again it's an ordinary dessert, it was not as extraordinary as I thought would be. Coming here, my expectation was high. Paul is well known and have been around since 1899. I understand that Paul is boulangerie and we did not get to try their bread. Maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment