Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Popovers For The Breakfast Eater ...



I like the fact that one of my kids are a true breakfast eater, a big one. Being a believer in "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" myself, I would do whatever I can to support that. She likes hot breakfast and that is fine by me. Even though that only means that I need to get up earlier to fix something hot for her. That's what a mother is for. (Hmmm.... I just got a nomination of 2009 mother of the year?)

My youngest is just a half breakfast eater, most of the time she has no clue what she wants and she ends up having nothing, because she does not like most of easily prepared breakfast like cereal or toast or eggs. She settles with going to school without breakfast. However, something with cheese is more likely to bring out her appetite.



After an evening batch of popovers, she came up a bright idea that I should prepare some popovers for her on Monday morning. I said to her that it took a while to prepare them. She replied no, they didn't. That's true, they didn't take too long on Sunday evening when we prepared them. See, it's WE. She helped.

So are you going to be up by 5:45 to help me prepare them? Of course not! Well, I said, "We'll see how things are tomorrow."

The whole night I had a horrible sleep and each time I woke up, I thought of those popovers. Dang! I woke up way too many times to count. What a nightmare. Of course I ended up waking up at 5:45 Am, when the alarm went off and prepared a hot breakfast for my regular customer and started preparing the popovers by myself. The problem was they had to be ready by 6:45-6:50, as the princess needed to walk to the bus stop around 7:05. Tick tock-tick tock. Indeed, not so much time.



Love conquers everything, or almost everything, I guess. Waking up early, which for some people is not that early, is not a big deal. I used silicon cup cake cases this time and the results were of course different than those made using the metal popover pans. They are good too, they popped, holey and topped with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment