Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stuck With The Soup

The past many weeks here have been extremely hot and humid and I could not help thanking our air-conditioning system that has been behaving well and giving us the the comfort that we need around the house. It is so hot that the two bags of chocolate chips that I bought last week, have melted and clumped into one bar. I am yet to decide what to do with them. Cooking and baking make me sweat like mad as if I went to sauna. An unpleasant one!



We had two dark and cooler mornings in the past two days. In fact, it rained this morning and yesterday too. Naturally I thought soup would be good for our dinner. Of course. I defrosted my minced pork as I was making pork ball soup with bamboo shoots. One of my favorites.

By 11AM, the sun started to shine and it just got hotter and hotter. But I refused to alter my plan, I just could not be bothered to think of something else to cook. I will turn the air-con down low, really low, when we have the soup. Just pretend we are down south, like in New Zealand, it's almost winter down there..... and enjoy the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment