Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jam Shortbread Thumbprint



For months I wanted to make these sort of cookies and never did. I was looking for a recipe that allow the jam to be baked together with the cookies, because that's just the way I like it. I am not so sure how to keep the cookies with fresh jam outisde the fridge. I finally found and put together an easy recipe that satisfy my requirements.



Jam Shortbread Thumbrint recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
Jams of your choice (strawberry, apricot)



Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Add in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, or 1 1/2 -inch balls and place them on cookie sheets.

3. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.

4. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment