Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Long Three Hours, Mr. Potter

With all due respect, this is not a review of Harry Potter's new movie, Half Blood Prince. It was about the many hours that I spent this afternoon. I was trying to be a good mother, booked and paid the tickets online and went with my three children to watch this long-awaited and long movie. I know there are other movies that last longer. I, however, escaped the need to watch them.


I am one of those who has to struggle when it comes to sitting too long. This movie is more than 2 and a half hours long, does not include the ads and waiting time, I suppose. To make things worse, the cinema was really really cold. The coat that I brought along was not enough, I should have brought a pair of thick socks too.

In between, my mind went to the meeting s that are scheduled this weekend and the design works that I am working on. I made changes in my head, I argued the changes and tried to come up with better solutions and went back to concentrate on the movies. With so much in my head, I nearly missed the kissing scene.......

By the time the movie finished and we had to take a few steps to go down, I could feel the pain around my both knees. I blamed old age and coldness for the pain. Argh! We went inside the cinema before 12 and by the time the movie was over, nearly my whole day was gone. I hope I will remember next time not to please those kids unless it is necessary and it does not cost me too much of my time. I probably should have dropped them off at the cinema and treated myself to a spa, tea and a little shopping......

Whatever, I am glad it's over anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment