Friday, July 31, 2009

New York Lunch


We have arrived at the last the day of July already. And I finally managed to have lunch with my intern daughter. Finally. After almost canceling it again because of scheduling conflict. I am glad we did it this time.


This is how we gained weight. Eat and eat again. The place we picked is called New York New York, just a couple minutes away from her office. No mistake here, it is New York twice, with more New York pictures on the wall around the area, yellow cabs, tall buildings, the lights... Chrysler building picture on the menu....New York atmosphere is tried to be re-created here. So, let's give the credit due, this is New-York-ish lunch.


The waiter, however, was so lacking of enthusiasm .... in such a lazy attitude, he barely showed us the table. On the way, he dropped the menu on the floor without realizing it, which we picked up and let him know that he dropped the menu. He had no reaction.... no thank you, no smile whatsoever. What a useless creature!


The menu looks tempting, I must say. For a little while, looking at those laid out selection, we felt transformed as if we were in a restaurant in the USA - minus excited and eager waiters.


We had calamari as starter and we shared the rests of the food, Rotisserie Chicken, Caesar Salad and Pepperoni Pizza.


There were other waitresses that serve us too while we were there, they were a lot nicer and more responsive compared to the first one we met. I am not sure if I want to go back to this place again, as I don't find the food too appetizing. My kids did not mind the food, however. But I do. Too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment