Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing It...


School begins and normalcy returns. That's when the kids are not home, but safe and I am able to see the pillows on the sofa remain where they are supposed to be, untouched - for many hours 'til their return. I know it is back to routine when one called to tell that she forgot her schedule and asked me to email it to her account. I am not a sad momma who got beaten down by a quiet house, I need that sometimes too. I could use that for sure.


With them being away for a few hours, I was able to work, practically, in peace. I have so much to catch up and works to follow up. But even with that, I, somehow, felt something was different. I felt like I missed something. I did not feel I had a complete summer. My summer is normally filled with tons of traveling, moving from one city to another, driving in the car and finding direction from GPS that sometimes goes crazy at times. One hotel to another. Packing unpacking, packing unpacking and again..... This time, the traveling we had was rather short.


I miss Kathy's house in Michigan, I miss her and miss being there and looking at her Campbell's collection. I came across these pictures that we took when we were in the USA and Canada in the Summer of 2004. We covered many places including British Columbia and Toronto and Quebec. We drove from Toronto down to Michigan and all the way to DC and New York. It was exhausting but fun.



Statue of Liberty, Capitol Hill, tunnels in Pittsburgh, streets, highways, trees and fast food chains everywhere... my summer is just not the same without a road trip in the USA.

PS: I miss going to Target, Walmart, Macy's, Crate & Barrel and William and Sonoma too, just to name a few........

No comments:

Post a Comment