Sunday, August 15, 2010

It Begins...



The inaugural 2010 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) was officially opened last night with lots of fireworks in between and of course, at the very end. On my part, I was happy to get this opportunity to practice to take some snaps of fireworks using my 7D, armed with Manfrotto tripod and my new Canon remote control. The tricky parts were the facts that I had no idea when they were going to have this fireworks and from which directions. They popped up from many tall buildings around Marina Bay too. They were great.



In most parts, our living room TV was on English Premier League, i.e simply soccer game s were on and I did not like the idea of standing by the whole two hours waiting for the fireworks. They had fireworks here and there after certain parts of the program and I just had to get as quickly as possible to get the camera on and ready for clicking. I just knew that the ending would be around 10:15 PM and they would have fireworks again and I was ready for that.



Let the Games begin. The sky was quiet after it was all over. 10:24PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment