I always love popovers, especially with cheese on top. They are simple to make and good for breakfast. They are light and they do not take too much effort to make.
Ingredients:1 cup flour (sifted)
½ tsp. salt
1 cup whole milk1 tbsp. melted butter
Grated Cheese as desired
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Put the popover or muffin pans inside. Sift together flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Whisk together eggs, whole milk, and butter in a bowl. Then add flour, whisking until combined (some lumps may remain). You can continue to whisk again to combine.
3. Take out the pan from the oven and butter the molds using a brush.
4. Pour batter into popover tin or muffin pan, filling individual tins two-thirds to three-quarters full. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top if you wish. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° and continue baking until puffed and browned, about 20 minutes more.
5. Remove from the pans and put them on the rack. (You can pierce sides of popovers with a toothpick to allow steam to escape, I don't do this) Serve immediately.