Monday, March 31, 2008

Bits & Pieces From The Getaway

From Changi to no blogspot in China. I am quite positive that some types if not all, forms, of bloggings are blocked in China. And many many websites as well that we just couldn't open. I kept on trying to open and had my guesses and I was right. I googled it and apparently, that is the case.

Aside from that, we had to say that we had a nice relaxing holiday. We were able to IM our No.1, who was home alone, and other family members and that was important because we always like to make sure that everybody is okay. It was certainly extremely nice not having to tell any of the kids to tidy their rooms, pick up their laundry, wash their dishes and everything else that was supposed to be their responsibility but conveniently forgotten, all the time. This, hadn't happened in a long long time. I only need to worry about myself & DH, not much. It's pretty much what our next meal going to be and what we are going to do next, which was mostly nothing.

Sanya was lovely, but surprisingly, there were plenty of tourists, more than I thought, subsequently there were lots of people along the beach and around the pools most of the time. We didn't manage to see blue sky, but the weather was pleasant irregardless. Interestingly, Russians love to go there. Enough Russians that some banners/boards on the streets were written in Russian and the menus in many of the restaurants were in Russians as well, along with Chinese and English.

With many big investors from Hong Kong coming in, there were many constructions on the way and are ready to change the innocent face of Sanya. Despite the fact that many hotels are already in place, Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, etc, to name some, many more are on the way too. That place is booming. Being only an hour and 15 minutes away from Hong Kong by plane, Sanya should be one of favorite destinations for the Hong Kong people to get away from their daily hectic life.

With no kids around, on the way to Hong Kong, I was able to watch Juno from the beginning to the end, I love it. Ellen Page was great, certainly deserved an Oscar nomination and the story line was really good, it was absolutely fantastic to see no big explosion from the parents' side upon finding out that their 16-year old daughter was pregnant and at the same time it was good to see how a young girl take responsibility over her "mistake". I am not exactly a movie goer/lover, but the opportunity to see another movie was there again, on the way back and this time I picked August Rush, which I enjoyed as well.

It's now back to the daily routine again. Boo hoo. Laundry piled up high. Laundry from South Korea trip made it back safely together with our No.2 who had a great hiking time in South Korea and took some nice pictures as well, will be posted whenever they are ready. Laundry from New Zealand will arrive tomorrow night, together with its owner, the pre-teen.

Now we have two back at home and they have started reminding us again of having teenagers at home IS NOT A WALK IN THE PARK!!!! Holiday is over! I need another one really soon, I am sure of.

Term 3 won't start until next Monday. So,
"Unpack your bag!"
"Pick up your laundry, will you!?"
Here we go again.......

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! I hope some of that relaxation sticks with you despite the teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitt, it didn't take too much time that I realized that I needed a much larger dosage of relaxation... boo hoo.... :( I am looking forward to my next annual long trip in June. I will be in your continent, different corner! I hope to start working on the details soon.

    ReplyDelete