Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Lemon Inspired



What a historical moment it is right now, today. Barack Obama will be the next US President, the first African American President ever. A real intelligent leader has been elected. Racial barriers fell and he proves that anybody, irregardless what race a person is, can be anything they want to be. Such an inspiration!



Talking about inspiration, I was inspired to bake a lemon sponge cake yesterday and I did it. My intention was for DH to take some with him as he was flying overseas, but he took an earlier flight instead and my cake didn't make it in time. The cake turned out just fine, but the next time I make this, I will use more lemon juice, as it was not lemony enough to our liking. While I like it plain, the kids love them with lemon sugar icing drizzled all over it. Either way, they are wonderful.

( Recipe used was adapted from Better Homes & Gardens, New Cook Book, 14th Edition)



No comments:

Post a Comment