Saturday, January 30, 2010

Banana Cake With Coconut

My fridge has been a little emptier these days, but I have almost everything that I need. On weekly basis, I buy some bananas, especially for the one that swims on Wednesday morning and makes bananas a part of her breakfast at school. The rest of of the bananas, two or three of them, get wasted occasionally. I am not exactly a banana eater, neither is my youngest one. The ritual is putting them in the fridge, until they are rotten and then we tossed them away.



Today, we have two super ripe bananas and I was determined to make good use of them. The banana cake recipe that I have, uses either milk or buttermilk. I have neither and decided to just create my own recipe which combines pound cake and muffins. Along with the mashed bananas that I mixed with some lemon juice, I put in butter, sugar, two eggs, flour, shredded coconut and maple syrup. I sprinkled the top with shredded coconut that has been mixed with a little bit of melted butter and some maple syrup.



I like the way the cake turned up, it suits my taste better. The kids love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment