Friday, January 22, 2010

His Petunias...

Within months, my flower vocabulary increased reasonably well. Used to know just roses, orchid and jasmine, and maybe another one or two... now I befriend adenium, zinnia, marigold, petunia and .... still am learning some others.....



Just like corporation, I do not want the varieties of the plants in my garden to expand too fast and too soon. One needs strong foundation before doing expansion, otherwise whatever he/she is building could collapse. I am the only worker around and I am doubtful that I can handle the works involved. I have said this to DH again and again, but somehow he keeps on bringing new plants and seeds, either given (maybe asked for) or bought and I just have to continue growing them. We have bought sacks and sacks of soils and plenty of pots. Looks like this is going to continue for a while, I think. I am just not heard of.

These petunias, were also bought by him. He likes flowers, he likes to have colors in the garden..... They are pretty, I must admit. But I sure hope that he slows down or just stops bringing new ones home until I am readier. Soon our garden will explode should he continue doing it......

These days, I spend a lot of time in the garden, maybe nearly as much time I spend in the kitchen..... I am worried when it rains and I become anxious when the sun shines too strongly. I go crazy when strong wind blows our plants. Before I leave home I make sure that the plants are in proper place for the weather. When I come home, I check our plants first before anything else, including my kids. I am losing it.....

2 comments: