Monday, January 04, 2010

Risotto With Turkey And Asparagus

I am left with a daughter whose meal times just aren't the same as mine. While my lunch was really late, her dinner was merely one to two hours after my second meal. Her dinner could be over by 4-5PM and that was it for her. It was good that she eats her dinner early, but I couldn't. When the two of us are left at home, it can be a little hard prepare a meal that both of us can enjoy at the same time. Our hungry times tend to be different.



In fact tonight, my dinner was made for one, it was only for myself. I was reminded that I still had some leftover turkey this morning. I knew that I had some asparagus in the fridge too. I wished that I had some mushroom, but unfortunately I didn't. Gone are the days when I could cross the street in front of the door to the supermarket to get whatever I was short of. I am not willing to walk 20 minutes back and forth to get just an item or a few. I have to work with whatever I have at home and make the best of them.



So this was what I had, Arborio rice with chopped turkey and asparagus, cooked in chicken stock and seasoned with salt, pepper and fresh basil leaves, and served with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano. Simple but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment