Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Her Luggage...

We are back to three people only at home. Miss P left on Sunday night to take four flights back to Virginia. It was something that I was not fully aware of until the last minutes. I meant the four flights that she was taking, not the fact that she was returning to Virginia. I truly don't know if I could survive two international flights and two domestic ones, consecutively. And the whole journey nearly took 36 hours. I would be like a....porridge?????

I figure if one is 18 years old, her stamina would be so much better than mine, so it may not be as bad as I imagined. I did what mommy could only do. I prayed for her safety. I prayed and prayed that she would not doze off while waiting for her next connection, especially when she was in JFK, that would not be good..... I prayed and prayed that she had the strength to stand up straight until she arrived in Virginia.



I got one email telling me she arrived at JFK and another one that she was at DC airport. From one blackberry to another, she informed her father that she had arrived in her college town, was exhausted and mad. Without her luggage. Because United Airlines somehow did not carry it along with her flight.

Which reminded me.... I forgot to pray for luggage to arrive safely. I am still grateful that she arrived in one good piece and would not have any trouble sleeping immediately. I hope she had some spare clothes, face wash and toothbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment