Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Quick Char Siu Chicken



There was no big enough appetite in the house tonight. DH is away until Saturday and No.1 was a bit down with flu and was a little down with her appetite as well. On top of that, she has activity outside until 9PM. I found myself wanting a small dinner, more like a small supper. The two junior members left, claimed to be "quite full" after having some tea after school, but I was aware that there was always a slight possibility that it could change, depending on "the smell" of what I cook.



I wanted my meal to be ready in around 15 minutes. With that in mind, I only needed: a couple tablespoon of Char Siu sauce, around 1 cup of sliced chicken fillet, 2 tablespoon of honey and some 1/2 tsp of chilli powder. Mix all of them in a bowl and leave it for 5 minutes. I cooked white rice while waiting for the chicken to be ready for cooking. Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a skillet, put the chicken in, stir well, cover and occasionally stir.



Turn off the heat when the liquid nearly runs out.



My supper was served. Of course, the two juniors sniffed, followed the smell of the food and grabbed some as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment