Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Thoughtful Gesture



I haven't been to any birthday parties for a while, the kiddies' ones, the ones that serve creamy colorful birthday cake and everyone would get an exciting slice of it. The one that has around 4000 calories per piece. I don't know what happened to my children's social life, I don't know why they don't get invited to these kind of parties anymore. They grow up, I guess. It was a hundred years ago since my kids were 1-9 years old.

A few days ago, I mentioned that I missed having birthday cake and unexpectedly, someone or two listened and decided to take action. Surprise, surprise! The next day, after school, my first two girls brought a little cake back home. They got it from a bakery across the street. Isn't that just the sweetest thing to do??????? My worry was unfounded, they have no trouble hearing!! They just have a little trouble doing things they are told to do and we will continue working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was. They can be very sweet sometimes.... ha ha..

    ReplyDelete