Monday, June 23, 2008

Big Small Lunch Salad

We found The Cheesecake Factory here in Providence Mall and decided to have lunch over there yesterday. It was just a short walk of four long buildings, maybe around 10 minute-walk from our hotel.

Absolutely impressive menu selection, everyone seemed to be quite pleased with what we could have. Without any fight, everyone agreed on quesadilla for appetizer. I love them, especially the guacamole.



Deciding on trying to stay on the healthier side as much as possible, I ordered a small caesar salad while everyone else order pasta and pizza. Then came our order and a big surprise to all of us seeing a gigantic size of the salad. With much effort, I was only able to finish about 1/4 of the serving, my companies had to struggle to finish theirs too. Every year, we have to be reminded of a very a good lesson of serving size in the USA. sad



Boo hoo, I felt so bad that I wasted so much food. We'll try to order so much less next time. Maybe just the appetizer size will be more than enough.

2 comments:

  1. Cheesecake Factory portions are outrageously large. They're known for it.

    Even when I'm traveling, if I get a meal that big I will request a bag of ice to pack with my leftovers and haul them around until I can eat them.

    I hope you're having fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, we were not aware of that. We had a very good laugh over it though and the waiter was really a nice guy and laughed together with us. It was fun in the end.

    Thanks Kitt!

    ReplyDelete