Friday, June 06, 2008

Shower Of "I Love You" In June

It's June already, time for summer holiday for many. For me, it's 14 more days to go before the big long trip. I have a mixed feeling anticipating it, because plenty of details need to be worked out as two of our lambs will be in faraway places. Excited, yet a bit anxious. ?!? June is also time when the school have many things scheduled and cramped out and require attention.

Looks like the birthday party is going to be off, a very very honorable reason so far: "I don't think your friends' mom will be very happy that their children going to the party every weekend over the past weeks!" Of course, I have communicated it to her that there are some issues that me might face to have her birthday party on the second weekend of June, i.e the last weekend before the long summer holiday, i.e. the only available time slot before the summer holiday. Many kids in fact have had join parties.... this sort of things happen nearly every June. I can't recall how many birthday parties she's been attending since last month. Nearly one party for one or two kids every weekend.

I am not making anymore excuses, other than the fact that this year's timing is rather poor. Sorry. She'll have fun on the plane when she really celebrates her birthday up there, in the plane. In fact, I think it is really cool to have birthday in the plane, how many people get to do that? Last year, she celebrated it at the Universal Studios in Hollywood. That's is another cool story to tell as well.

It didn't really hit me when suddenly in the past few days I got so many "I love you"s from my little girl, who is turning 12 on 21 this month. I was a bit too slow, I must admit, but gladly deciphered the case soon enough that she was being cheeky with me for not getting her party (I love you therefore you should throw me a birthday party!). Subsequently, I told her and kept on telling her that I loved her more, therefore, I implied, that she should just accept the fact that there won't be any party (again) this year.

This evening, I got "I love you most" from her. I haven't figured out how to top that yet. Bummer!

2 comments:

  1. How about "I love you with hot fudge and cherries on top!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owww, that's genius. Sounds really yummy too! Thanks Kitt! You're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete