Friday, September 04, 2009

Babies Grow, Fast...

I cleaned up and tried to do a little packing up in one of the rooms here at our house yesterday, which I have been doing rather more diligently lately. I went through some ancient dusty stuff we have and I found some old spelling books, toys and art works from many years back when all the three kids were still in primary school, maybe grade 2 or 4 or younger, which seemed like yesterday. I suddenly felt a little pang in my heart, never felt that it has been that many years ago that my girls were small and now they are ginormous. It kind of saddened me in some way that that time has slipped away without me noticing much of it. How I wish I could cling on to the memories...



I came across some Pooh stuffed toys, little pony toys... and little dolls .... love notes for me from them and many more, and put them away in the box. Almost instantly wishing that I had treasured my time with them a lot better than I did and remembered much more details of everything that happened. I kept on saying to myself that it had not been that long, it could not possibly that long. Without warning, I know that the interest in the Pooh bear and his friends diminished and all those colorful little creatures are not longer something that they are keen about anymore.


Despite all the many conversations that I had with people about how fast the kids grow, I never really gave a lot of thought of it. I probably never really meant it much. In fact, there's a chance that I was probably just saying it. My babies that used to make a mess everywhere around the house and got excited over small little things have turned into much bigger persons. They still do make a mess, that remains the case. But they no longer excited about toys or sweets.

My babies have grown. My babies have really grown and about them being small, young, cuddly, kissable and trusting, is just no longer there. They are big and independent now. At present time, my brain has to keep a record on them being how they are at their age now and treasure the moment that I have with them. And stubbornly still try to hold on to the memory as tight as I possibly could, knowing also that no matter how tight I hold on to them, time will continue to run with part of it. I can't afford anything to slip away from me anymore, but probably I have to accept the facts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment