Monday, September 07, 2009

Buns For Weekend Breakfast


I like to wake up early in the morning and to be the only one being awake at home. It is refreshing to be by myself while the sun has not risen yet and to be able to do things with no disturbance. Nobody asking any questions, no-one asking for something and nobody messes up what I have tidied up.


It is hard to find the quietness if you live in the city so I love the serenity once in a while if I could have it. Waking early on weekend can be hard when sometimes I need to catch up on my lack of sleep during the week, but if I have had enough rest, I won't be able to continue sleeping and I'd rather start my day early anyway. There's always so much to do! And the rain that fell hard yesterday morning and earlier on today helped bring down the temperature. Great cool mornings.


We have practically a wide selection of breakfast that we could just buy from across the street. It won't even take more than five minutes from where we live and we could have any Western, Indian, Chinese or Malay breakfasts, but most of the times, that would not be something that I prefer doing. I like to have the food that go to my stomach to be prepared by someone that I know, including myself. I don't recall falling sick after eating my food. I did fall sick more than a couple of times after eating outside food and I can assure you that it was horrible! I surely have learned my lesson.


It's been a while since I had some brioche based buns, I was craving for them and had prepared some dough earlier on during the week. Saturday morning, some of the dough was used to make some usual cheese and chocolate buns, they were our breakfasts! Except for the two that headed out all the wayyyyyyy..... to east coast for some wanton noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment