Wednesday, July 14, 2010

They Say They Are Light....

Wait a minute, these are not my ordinary type of muffins, not for me. Just yesterday, I baked a batch of wholemeal blueberry muffins as well as cheese, using my basic muffins recipe in which the liquid materials were stirred into the dry ones. They were made for my mother in law and her sister, along with my sister in law, they stayed here for a couple of nights in town. All were gone, some were eaten, some were taken for their road trip home.



Later on yesterday, I came across this: Feather-Light Muffins recipe. I thought I should try the recipe, because I like my muffins lighter instead or bread-ish! But I like wholemeal in my muffins and I love blueberries. And I like them buttery too. Yes, I am demanding when it comes to muffins. Maybe on other things too, who knows?

The verdict? These muffins are light and delicious, it's a keep! Go and make some!



So here's my recipe for light wholemeal blueberry muffins:

Ingredients
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1-1/2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Directions
• Using an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and egg.
• Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
• Stir blueberries into the mixture
• Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
• Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Makes about 8-10 muffins.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment