Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Spinach Salad With Grilled Salmon and Caramelized Onion

Today, November 2nd, is the 40th anniversary of my father's death. He left when I was so young that I barely remember anything about him. I almost had no recollection of what I did with him, probably I have none. I only remember what was told by others about him to me as I was growing up. One of the few things was that occasionally, he took me on a bike ride to buy some food and brought them back home for the whole family to eat. I also know that he wore glasses when he was alive, thanks to the pictures that we keep. What I hope now is that he is in better place, reunited with my mother and my sister. May peace be with them!


What I had for dinner tonight has nothing to do with the significance of the date to my life. I bought a pack of baby spinach and have been working hard on finishing them with my little house mate, my only one at present. Tonight, I had them with a piece of grilled salmon and some caramelized onion. Miss K always loves to have teriyaki sauce with her salmon and tonight, I followed her way. We cleaned up well and left a little bit of onion unused. We also had ice cream for dessert. Delish!

1 comment: