Thursday, December 03, 2015

First Afternoon In London

It was nearly 14 hour-plane ride. It was not bad but it was extremely challenging to sleep. I know I need to sleep but I was not able to sleep too long, I might have had only a couple of hours of it, but there was nothing I could do to make myself sleep. The meals we had during the flight, unfortunately was not memorable at all this time. They were borderline terrible.

We arrived in London in the afternoon. It was a long walk from the gate to the customs and the baggage claim, then there was another long walk from there to the place where we took Heathrow Express to Paddington station. Upon arriving, there was another walk, maybe 5-minute walk to the taxi rank. Then, all the way to our hotel. Not far at all. It was actually 30-minute walk, but there's no way we would walk with two big luggages and a heavy carrier and lack of sleep. 

The sun set early, darkness greeted us. We got our room and walked to Oxford street to get our local SIM cards then off to Busaba, as planned. We picked Pad Thai, of course and in lieu of cold weather, I thought Tom Yum Soup was an appropriate choice. Sadly, their Pad Thai changed its appearance and flavor while their Tom Yum Soup was just not appetizing, all were wrong.


We went back to the hotel and went to the lounge and had some canapés and I was happy to see some grilled vegetables and salad. Finally, we had a more proper meal after many hours away from home. Time to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment