Tuesday, July 01, 2008

At Kathy's



One of the best things that I get to do when I go to Michigan is to see Kathy and Joe, our dearest friends for more than 20 years. We met back when I was still a student, studying in Michigan. We were kindly invited to their house and had an nice Sunday dinner prepared by both of them.The picture above is taken just behind their house.



Out of all the excitement, we had no pictures of the food. We had ham that was prepared by Joe, with salad, vegetables and mashed potatoes (I hope I did not miss out anything!). The dessert was yummy, the coffee was great, but we enjoyed the conversation the most.

We went to a softball game afterwards and met her daughter and her family as well as some friends. It was a lovely afternoon indeed and I was happy to have met these nice people.



My dearest 12-year old assistant that accompanies me the whole time, admitted that she was a tiny bit bored and spent time taking some nice pictures that I surely appreciate, except for the the pictures of her two fingers (there was a total of five of them with different background). She behaved really well as always and I am very appreciative of that. Thanks again Miss K, as always, also for taking our other pictures. You're a good girl!!! Pocket money will be increased next year, maybe!wink







2 comments:

  1. What a pleasant spot! Quite different from Singapore, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely different. I could imagine, sitting down and reading a book there. It was so serene, peaceful, don't see that many human beings around. I could hear the birds and nothing else. Occasionally some deer pass by too....

    ReplyDelete