Friday, July 18, 2008

Tasting Little Saigon

DH's pick for the dinner last Monday was Vietnamese food, pointing down specifically to Little Saigon in down town Orlando and a back-up of Pho-Hoa in case we were not able to find Little Saigon. We had a bad experience with our search for Thai food the night before when the GPS kept on leading us to non-existing places. The one that existed was closed and we ended up with a fifth or sixth place that was not even originally came across upon.



This Vietnamese restaurant has a very good reputation, having won many awards from Orlando publications in the past years. We found many other Vietnamese restaurants along the same roads as well as some other Vietnamese shops as well.

For appetizers we had Summer Rolls and Spring Rolls.






I had been craving for this type of noodle soup for a while and was quite pleased that we had the opportunity to satisfy my craving. DH and I were planning to share a bowl of Pho Dae Biet (Rice Noodle Beef Soup with Sliced Rare Beef, Tendon, Tripe, Brisket Beef Balls) but upon seeing how it looked, he decided to order one bowl for himself and left me stranded with a big bowl for myself. What a guy!


L, who originally didn't intend to order anything, changed her mind and went for Pho Bo Vien (Beef Balls over Rice Noodle Soup). K had some from both her sister and from me.


It was a good dinner, we were pleased with the food and the prices were reasonably low. smile

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm ... pho good!

    How frustrating with the GPS! I had a similar experience the other night, involving pho, in fact, but the fault was mine. I didn't realize the places all closed at 9 on Sunday, so we drove to three, then finally gave up and got sandwiches instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kitt. You can't argue with GPS! It can be a bummer sometimes.
    I can't imagine having sandwich after longing for Pho. I hope you get your Pho!

    ReplyDelete