Saturday, July 05, 2008

Numero Uno

Pizzeria Uno is the origin of Uno Chicago Grill. The first restaurant was started in 1943 and continues to grow since. We had a light lunch at the original Uno's, just around the corner from where we stayed at while we were in Chicago. Aside from the drinks, we simply ordered a small deep dish pizza, called Numero Uno, which is their signature dish, the usual caesar salad and fried calamari.



The pizza is topped with cheese, fresh sausage, pepperoni and fresh mushrooms, onions and green peppers. Some chunks of tomatoes were there too. The tables were tiny and the place was a little dark.



My little princess enjoyed her salad, both DH and I tried a little bit from her plate.



The Fried Calamari was served with cocktail and marinara sauces. They were quite good, quite tasty and better than what we had at Sarducci's. The pizza, however, was just okay. Only later, I found out from Yahoo travelers' reviews, that many of them dislike their pizza. I guess, despite those reviews that might have been read by some, people still want to try anyway. I know I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment