Monday, July 14, 2008

Lunch In Longwood Gardens


The centerpiece of the table

It was late morning when we reached Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania and it started to rain as we got closer the compound. But soon after we reached there, the rain started to calm down and the weather kindly let us to take a walk around parts of the garden without worrying about getting wet. Shortly after 12, our stomach directed us to have lunch at the restaurant located inside the complex. The restaurant is called The Terrace Restaurant. It has both cafe and full service dining. We opted for full service dining and I am glad to say that it didn't disappoint.


Potted bread


They were nicely presented and tasted great.


K's Kids Meal
Just like any cheese pizza and fries.


DH's Sea Bass
DH certainly didn't expect to see so much liquid in his meal but with a little help, managed to clear the sea bass.


My chicken salad and fried oyster

I really liked my salad, I thought that was my best meal to date. The leaves were fresh and the dressing was great, a nice balance of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The fried oyster was fine but I was not too crazy about it.

Shortly after lunch, it started to rain again and we left the gardens and headed to Princeton.

No comments:

Post a Comment