Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Early Morning Production



Arriving early in the morning from a long trip has its advantages. It's good because it gives me plenty of time to unpack all the bags and to start washing tons of laundry and everything else that I need to do. I am the type of person that can't go to bed when the house is in a mess. So yesterday, I unpacked all the six medium-size and large bags and start wash three full loads of laundry. There's more to go but I am giving my dearest washer and dryer a little break.

I crossed the street with my little buddies to stock up the fridge with milk and cheese and whatever we could think we needed. It's so sad to see how expensive things are here when in the States everything is about 1/3 or 1/2 of the prices here. One box of Cheerios is S$10.75!!!! (around US$8!Outrageous!!!!!) Chocolate chips here is $7 (US$5.2) per bag versus US$ 2 there! Urgh... I wish I could stock so much more from where I just came from.

I did my best effort to stay up the whole day yesterday, but finally surrendered at around 6:30PM and went to bed, didn't get to see Miss P who had to work and didn't arrive home until later. By 3:30 AM, I couldn't sleep anymore and join the already-awake members. They were watching TV, of course, but I went to the kitchen and prepare my work station for bread making.



By six o'clock, we had a warm loaf of cheese bread, fresh from the oven!!
So wonderful to be home!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to hearth and home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kitt!
    Have you been baking bread lately?

    ReplyDelete